Pickleball is a fast-growing sport that is gaining popularity among people of all ages. It's a great way to stay active, socialize with others, and have fun. If you're thinking about starting to play pickleball, there are a few items that you'll need to get started. In this blog post, we'll discuss the top five items you should have before hitting the court.
- Pickleball Paddle: The first item on the list is a pickleball paddle. This is the most important item you'll need to play the game. The paddle is used to hit the ball back and forth over the net. It's important to choose a paddle that is comfortable to hold, the right weight, and has a good grip. There are many different types of paddles available, so be sure to choose one that suits your skill level and budget.
- Pickleballs: Next on the list is the pickleball itself. Pickleballs are similar to wiffle balls but are slightly smaller and have smaller holes. They come in different colors, but the most common are yellow and white. It's a good idea to have a few pickleballs on hand in case one gets lost or damaged during play.
- Fingerless Pickleball Glove: One item that many new pickleball players overlook is a fingerless pickleball glove. These gloves provide extra grip for sweaty hands on a hot day and help prevent blisters. We say "fingerless" to allow you the maximum benefit of wearing a glove, while still having a natural feel of the paddle. Since pickleball is a game that requires a lot of hand movement, a fingerless glove can be a great addition to your gear.
- Athletic Shoes: Pickleball is a fast-paced game that requires quick movements, so it's important to wear comfortable and supportive athletic shoes. Look for shoes with good traction, stability, and cushioning. Running shoes are not recommended as they do not provide enough lateral support for the quick side-to-side movements required in pickleball.
- Court Bag: Finally, you'll need a bag to carry all of your pickleball gear. Look for a bag that is durable, has plenty of pockets, and is comfortable to carry. You'll want to be able to fit your paddle, balls, gloves, and shoes in the bag with room to spare.
With these 5 simple items, you'll be ready to hit the court and start enjoying all the fun and excitement that pickleball has to offer.